Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 29 August 2011

Lemon tarts for Mosaic Monday

This year I have been exploring food photography, and along the way I have been inspired by many wonderful food photographers on the web that I have found through Mosaic Monday and Flickr. I have learnt so much from these photographers.  Thank you also to Dario in Sydney for his food photography blog and critiques at - Food Pixels.com

So, with thanks to one of my favourite "foodies" - "Tartelette" for the recipe (and her amazing book on food photography - From Plate to Pixels - here is her link - Tartelette) here are lemon tarts I made last Thursday for my Dad for his birthday dinner.  First I had to go to the shop to by the little tart tins.

The pastry is a sweet short crust pasty (the most fiddly bit), with a simple lemon filling, with lemons straight from my lemon tree. I have never made this lemon tart before - they were delicious. 



and some beautiful yellow daisies from my garden. They are guaranteed to flower just about all year round.  In a cute little jug I brought recently from a garden shop.


I hope you have enjoyed my exploration of the lemon tart. I am linking up to Mosaic Monday - to see the work of Mary of other wonderful contributors - please click on the link here - Mosaic Monday at Little Red House

4 comments:

  1. I think you have mastered the art of food photography! This post makes my mouth water, my lips pucker and my heart smile. Just pure delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your images are spectacular! I can taste the lemon! I am not a photographer and admire great photos. I need to sit down and learn about my camera. I also took photos of our wild flowers this week end that i posted on my Cape Town Blog called www.mothercitymagic.blogspot.com and as you will se I need to learn loads. I just aim and shoot at this stage but will need to get to know my camera! Your images of flowers are gorgeous!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, mouthwatering! I love the shot with tart, glass and jug. So summery. :) My little lemon tree is struggling to grow, but I hope one day I can harvest enough fruit to make tarts and lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to figure out how I can pick up one of your lemon tarts from my laptop screen. They look delicious, so beautifully presented!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.