Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Sunday 13 March 2011

Balingup and Grimwade afternoon

Last Monday was a public holiday in Western Australia, so our family took the opportunity to spend the day together. We went down to Balingup which is beautifully located amongst rolling hills and valleys about an hour south of where we live, and we had lunch at the Tavern. We had a delicious meal in a relaxed, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. I recommend it for a lovely lunchtime meal. Here is a link -  http://www.balinguptavern.com.au/

In this collage you can see clockwise, my grandson's lunch (they have a children's menu which is always a plus when dining out with children), a view of the hills, an acorn tree at the tavern, my lunch (grilled fish and salad - delicious), and my eldest grandson with one of the cow's from the cow parade. Last summer lots of artists painted and decorated cow statues, and they are now scattered around the South West of our state. The photo in the middle is the Tavern.


After lunch we drove to the Grimwade pine forest in search of blackberries. We had an enjoyable time tramping around the pine forest. We have had a long dry summer, and as it is early autumn here there were very few wildflowers, but plenty of other beautiful images to capture. I put together this collage with some of photos I took.


We found lots of blackberries, but they weren't ripe yet. Actually they are a pest in our forests, not a native plant, and they choke our bush undergrowth and waterways. They are covered in prickly thorns so you need to wear protective clothing. However, they make delicious jam.



It was lovely to be out walking in the bush and we had a wonderful day in the company of our family. It regenerates the soul and helps us appreciate the beauty around us and realise what is important to us.  Jobs around the house and yard can always wait - these precious days are far more important.


I am posting this as part of Mosaic Monday at Little Red House. To see the work of Mary and other talented contributors please click on the link here - Mosaic Monday at Little Red House

9 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a nice walk on your holiday! I'm on my spring break here in Texas...hope to do some walking myself! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous day you all had. It does look like you've had a very dry summer over there ... the Grimwade forest photos are such a stark contrast to how the bush looks around us at the moment. Have there been many bushfires out that way? Great photos ... but I did so love your raindrops shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there this is my first time joining in with Monday Mosaic and I am now hopping around viewing all the wonderful blogs that join in. I am delighted to have discovered your blog and beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again, thankyou for calling by News From Italy and leaving a comment it is appreciated. I am back as I have decided your blog is one I want to follow, it would be lovely if you felt the same as I enjoy getting to know new people via their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lovely day with your family. Lovely mosaics. V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. Especially in the forest and that of the cow.
    Best wishes,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a lot of insides looking at your mosaics, like them both, especially that your grandsons are also on them. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill how very beautiful your photos are and your country. Someday I hope to visit Australia. Its on my list and you make it look more and more appealing. Stunning view . Love the walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely and colorful photos on the first mosaic..i saw food too that awaken my crave... the other mosaic is scenic

    my mosaic

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.