Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 21 July 2008

Photos of my world

Western Australia is a beautiful country, with an incredible range of stunning landscapes. I love to get out with my camera and try to capture these images. I hope you enjoy the photos I have posted to show you some of my world.

Sunset on the waterfront at Denham, Shark Bay. The colours were constantly changing - this is just one of the many photos I took that evening.


Big Brook Dam, Pemberton. The reflections of the Karri Trees were perfectly reflected in the still water. An easy walk trail goes around the dam which is popular for swimming during summer.

Charles Knife Gorge, Exmouth, North West Cape. Each view was more spectacular than the next, so we kept stopping the car to take another photo. You can see the ocean in the distance.




Lefroy Brook, Cascades, Pemberton. The path follows beside the Brook. Around each corner is another tranquil place to stop and absorb the peace and quiet.







Skulls Springs, Pilbara. We spent a few days camping by the river, relaxing, fishing and walking. It was simply idyllic.



This majestic salmon gum is in the front paddock of my sister and brother-in-law's property at Bruce Rock in the wheatbelt. This photo earned the back cover spot in the RRR Network News magazine.

The Thrombolites, Lake Clifton, Mandurah. We had driven by on the highway for years, but had never stopped. Then late one afternoon we decide to detour and have a look. We arrived just before sunset, and this photo became a cover photo for an edition of Australian Coast and Country magazine. The light was perfect - an example of being in the right place at the right time!


The best way to explore and experience Western Australia is by getting out on the road and camping out under the stars. This is one of our favourite places on the Gascoyne River along the Great Northern Highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.